Saturday, March 7, 2015

Saving Zyan

Yesterday evening, brought Zyan to Bedok.
Shopping is not really his favourite at the moment, neither is it my favourite waste of time.
We were there to look for something though.
Wanted to buy some cheap coin-boxes for Zyan.

As expected, not much to look for at Bedok Mall itself.
So we went out, roamed around the Bedok Central area.
Found some cheap ones. $1 each. Bought two.

This morning, it is time to start him a little on financing. Rather, concept of money.
I actually had played 'selling game' with him using my coins few weeks ago, before his bedtime.
We did imaginary 'buying and selling' of products.
We took turns to be buyer and seller. Selling imaginary toys, tidbits & goodies etc.
Then buyer will pay seller, which then he can think about counting in relation with money.
Kinda boring to me, but I think it is good for him as basic understanding.
Sometimes, the things he imagine to sell,  is interesting. :P. Only once in a while.

Anyway, this morning, I explained to him again about the concepts of jars.
This I borrowed from the T. Harv Eker's money jars method.
I don't use all the 6 jars for him, as he doesn't need all that at the moment. Maybe another 2 years perhaps to add more.
So instead of FFA/Necessities/Gift/Education/Play/LTSS, he only has FFA/Gift/Play.
I renamed FFA to 'SAVE' for his easy understanding for now.

I told him I will give him $1 every Sunday.
Out of this $1, he will put 70cents to "SAVE", 20cents to "PLAY" and 10cents to "GIFT".

Hopefully, this will cultivate his financial acumen, and be able to manage his finances better than me in future when he grows up.

Kinda exciting. Countdown to his 'first savings' tomorrow ... ... ...

No comments: