Sunday, February 12, 2017

Laughter-induced Syncope

This afternoon, I went to the fridge to take something.
Karinna was at the fridge picking out something too.
I was waiting behind.

As she turned, she got a fright, like how a prank is done to show people in shock.
Quite funny.
So I laughed laughed laughed.
Then she pushed me gently ...

Then the next moment that I was aware of is that, both she and my helper were asking me what happened. Why was I lying on the floor.
I managed to tell them I was resting. :P

So yes, I had a momentary blackout.
I had no recollection when I fainted. I had to ask Karinna after that.
She said she pushed me gently, and then I went down gently onto the floor too.
She told me she thought I was joking when that happened. :P

I didn't know how I fell. Whether was it gently, and plonked down hard onto the floor.

Out of curiosity, I went to the famous place to check. Google.
I typed "why do I faint after laughing hard".

Tadah!
Google is simply amazing.

So I read up some articles on such cases.
It seems like my blood pressure and heartbeat was, for a short moment, going down quite low that my brain cannot handle the situation, and made me passed out.
It's like Windows' BSOD (Blue Screen of Death).
Reboot, and wake up.

So luckily I wake up.
According to the articles, it is supposed to be quite harmless, but if it happen frequently, probably should consult a doctor.

That means to say, laugh until die is a possibility.

I think I will have to laugh less from now onwards ... ... ...
hahahahaha

No comments: