Sunday, May 27, 2018

Bus Trip


Today, Karinna had some appointment the whole day, so left Zyan having only 1 target to pester, which is me. :P

Since Suntec has Consumer Electronics Exhibition, I decided to bring him out in the afternoon.

There was some rain around lunch time. Waited for the rain to simmer down before heading out to the bus stop.
We took bus 33 to Dakota, then took the Circle Line MRT to Promenade station.
Of course this is not the first time for Zyan to take bus and MRT ride anymore. So he still wants to stand and hold the hand rails wherever possible. Cheap thrill is like that 1.



From Promenade, we took slow walk towards the Convention Centre area. Seldom go there, felt a bit suaku looking around as well.
Well, good to see Suntec is quite crowded, and the shops are generally rented out. I have some small shares with Suntec Reit, so it is good to see high occupancy for the area. LOL

Anyway, bring a kid to such exhibition is not a good idea. He is not at the age to want to look at these things yet. I am not at that age also actually. Just passing time and enjoying the afternoon with son, and perhaps see what laptops to buy for replacement for office use.
I think the choice is still similar to what I bought few weeks back. Who knows? Next week is PC Show, but I think it would be the same … …

After walking through the crowds at Suntec, very tired siah. Walked over to Marina and had afternoon snack.
Zyan picked Chic-A-Boo Fried Chicken.
Shared with him a 2-piece meal, while resting our tired legs.
snack time!

Let him played at some playground before heading home.
Took the train from Esplanade back to Dakota.
While on the way to the train station, I told Zyan there is one thing we would do before going home.

Which is: To go to his Primary School, and let him learn to take bus from school to home.

Thus, from Dakota station, we took bus 16 to go to his school compound area.

Told him to make himself be aware of the route later for the bus home.
For bus to school, I think it is a little challenging for now, as the bus stop is a little further away from the school. Well, settle the bus home first. J
Intention is for him to take the bus, recognise the roads, and tell me when we are reaching the bus stop near home.

Only one bus from the school’s bus stop will reach near home.
I let him flagged the bus when it came.
Went up, took a seat, told him to try to look out ahead, and if needed, count the number of bus stops.
At bus stop near school

But he talks a lot. Keep talking to me instead of looking out. Occasionally will blurt out info as if he is an expert with taking bus home.
Told me about the bus stop’s number. I never bother with the bus stop’s number.

Of course, I am with him, so I would control to make sure we alight at the correct place.
Had to remind him to press the bell to signal to driver we wanted to alight the bus.
He kept having impression that he was the one that pressed the bell. I knew it was me. LOL

Anyway, first try. Gotto have a second or third try some other time.
We shall see.

No comments: