Monday, January 13, 2014

Walk Walk

New Year Resolution: Lose weight, exercise and stay healthy. Again!

Though someone commented about me saying as "Lost weight" initially.
Anyway. :P

I try.

I have tried to keep to soupy food as much as I can when having lunch out on working days.
Unless I can't find soupy food, I would look for some less sinful stuff.
And yes, I have been taking Bee Hoon Soup, Yong Tauhu Soup, Mee Hoon Kway etc.
It's only like 13 days from Day1 of 2014, but so far so good. :)
That's much for the food intake.

As for dinner, nah, whatever it's cooked at home, I eat.
Less rice is an avenue to watch the weight.

Then, I also started 'exercising'.
By that, it is more of walking.
I have slip disc problem, though not medically certified to be slip disc.
Sometimes if happen to walk down from higher ground to lower ground, some sudden streak of pain will shoot up my back.
That is no joke.
So I decided, I will just walk.
Walking around my neighbourhood.
Looking at houses nearby. kaypoh here kaypoh there, kaypoh everywhere.

Then last week, my wife passed me a gadget. It's called FitBit.
It's a tool to help you 'monitor' your fitness in some ways.
Not the jogging type. This one keeps track of the steps you take (as long as it is on you), from 0000hours till 2359hours.
It has a recommended target for the number of steps to be taken each day, how much distance you have covered on foot, and how much calories burnt for the day.

On the website, there's a dashboard for you to view visually too.
Here's today's dashboard:

Today, I walked 12, 429 steps, and covered 8.63km!
Nice to know isn't it? :)


 
And this is the 30 day graph. See?
Was lazy and gave myself a break last Saturday and Sunday, that's why the vertical bar chart is lower on that 2 days.
休息是为了走更长的路。LOL

Then now is the next question.
How long can I maintain these behaviour ... ... ...

No comments: