Monday, August 10, 2015

N-Day Reception

I've been reminded many times to remember to go for the National Day Reception Dinner today.
Enough for me to remember.

As usual, I am early.
Reached UE Square just before 6.30pm. Went to clear security and boarded the shuttle service to Istana.
Needed to show IC and the invitation card.
 
It's the 2nd time I came to Istana. The previous time was during the CNY Reception if I remember correctly. Previously, my Chairman was with me. This  time, I am alone. :P
So took a little bit of time to walk around the place. Only a small place to move about, not the whole place opened for people to roam around ok.
So took some pictures while I was there.


They had this big birthday cake for Singapore!

There are a couple of celebrities & faces recognizable.
Saw Fandi Ahmad, and his soccer team. Nazir Nasri was there too.

Saw Adrian Pang as well, think with his wife. Of course, many other politicians were there as well.
JJ Lin was there as well, singing this year's National Song.

Just before 8pm, President & PM & ESM arrived. After the announcement of their arrival, and upon they get seated, the birthday cake was pushed out for them to cut, after singing b-day song to Singapore.
Then the dinner reception started.

The food was not so bad. I saw it was from Conrad.

Then the VIPs went around to mingle with the crowds. Didn't get a chance to take picture with President. Managed to steal a selfie with our PM!
See how cool is my double chin! Terok!

And then, also managed to take picture with this guy.
If you know this guy, you would be of certain age. :P

After all the makan etc, it's time to head back home. Headed up the shuttle service back to UE Square.
But at UE Square, had to wait for 20 over minutes to get car out of the place. Nightmare!

Well, I believe I will go there again in future.

No comments: