Thursday, May 30, 2013

Car Plate

Yesterday, had a mini-accident.

I was turning into Joo Chiat Place.
The light was green, so the opposite direction has the right of way.
I turned right, and then Karinna was beside me shouting "Dear! Dear!"
Pressed my brake and my car lightly hit onto a Taxi. Darn.

Somehow, I didn't see any car coming in my direction.
Weird.
Anyway, it was my fault.
Stopped by the roadside to check on the taxi.
He's ok. Passenger ok. We're ok.
Only his bumper was dropped a little on the side.
My bumper had more scratches, and my car plate had dropped off.
Other than that, everything is ok. Thank goodness.

So the taxi driver suggested to settle on the spot. I am fine with that.

Paid him $300 for it. Kinda expensive, but thinking he has to spend time getting it fix, and will impact a little on his income while not driving, I said fine.

Drove down to Joo Chiat Complex to withdraw money.
Gave it to him, and expressed my apologies again, and hopefully everything will stop from here.

I dread to think if he continue to pursue this, as we did the settlement without any proof.
I can only hope he is a gentleman on his words.
Now, need to fix up my car plate back.

1 comment:

Maldives Hotels said...

Are you seeking for hotels in Maldives? Click here maldiveshotelsdiscount.com get the special rates with the best deal...