Thursday, May 24, 2007

Grandma

Went to pick up my mother and sister in the morning to visit my grandmother, who is in Tan Tock Seng Hospital.

This grandmother is my mother's maternal mother, who sold my mom away when she was 4 years old.
Somehow, my mom has been in touch with her real family for years, since young I think. And she does have some sore points about being sold, when few years later, her real parents went to adopt another child.
Kinda weird if you ask me as well.

Anyway, haven't seen this grandma of mine for years. Afterall, the kind of dialect (HengHua) she speaks is really beyond me.


So there we are, looking at her, so frail now. So thin. She can't eat, can't drink, can't talk, and legs are a little stiff.

I held her hand, can feel her hand able to grasp a little part of my palm. I am not even sure if she can recognise any one of us at all.

No comments: