Thursday, July 5, 2007

Cancer

Had been a little busy. Just a little. Not too much. Too much I cannot take it! haha

Well, finally got back my access to my darn yahoo account.
And when I checked my yahoo-email, I was amazed to see a number of emails from some long-lost classmates!

I was told another classmate of ours Evelyn Teo, had breast cancer, and had intended to shave her head bald on last Sunday (01Jul), to help raise funds for the Children Cancer Foundation. Check the link here:
Hair For Hope
Of course, kinda sad story, and apparently cancer is still such a damn disease. Chemotherapy should have been pretty dreadful, but patients have no choice, but to make themselves survive.
Pledges for Children Cancer Foundation can be made at this website
I didn't get the chance to be there to support her though. Last I met her was maybe 2 years back while I was still working in HP.

Anyway, from what I knew of her, I know she's the type that will fight her way through. She had been the kind of 'vocal' people among the classmates.

Hope she will work harder to fight off the disease, and wish her well! :)

I need to fight off my disease too, the fats on me. :P

No comments: