Sunday, February 22, 2009

LTA Fine

When I received letters from LTA regarding passing through ERP Gantry without payment, I sent an email feedback to them to appeal against it.

Basically, I do have my cashcard put in properly, and definitely enough money in the cashcard on both occasions.

So my email was sent on 10 Feb 2009 morning. I only received a letter from them yesterday afternoon, saying that they have considered carefully, and decided to waive the administrative fees charged related to the case.

I was counting, from the day which I sent the email, it was already past 9 working days. Although when I sent the email, there was a notification that says not to pay the fine until we hear from them within 9 working days.

So being the good law-abiding citizen of Singapore, I dutifully paid up the first fine on 20 February night.

I was just wondering, in these days of computing IT technologies, why is it so difficult for the authorities to even send an acknowledgement reply that they are looking into my appeal.
And then to only surprise me after the target set by themselves in terms of getting reply from them.
At least with an acknowledgement reply, I can be assured that someone is taking up the case, and I can be in touch with the person when needed.

Then again, it's still a government authority, and administratively still has lots of improvement.

So I sent them another feedback yesterday afternoon, to ask how they can advise me to deal with the fine that was already paid.
Maybe I will wait for 18days this time ... ...

No comments: