Thursday, February 22, 2007

SAP

Last week my colleague was installing the SAP IDES SEM60/BI70 system. Somehow, it failed a few times.
I took over the installation as he was going back to Indonesia for the CNY.

It failed again, and I re-started everything again last Friday, before the CNY holidays.

The progress was slow somehow, and it finished only on the 2nd day of CNY if I remember right.

Well, nowadays SAP system are so confusing. It has Enterprise Portal within it, and somehow, it wasn't working correctly.
The system itself is working fine, I can login into the system and do most of the BI stuff.
But things related to the portal just doesn't seem to work correctly.

These portal things are looking like nightmare nowadays. Guess I need to sit down and think carefully over the configurations. I know how to do some workarounds, but hey, I don't expect everyone to do workarounds manually everytime when trying to access that Portal thingy!

Anyway, not very free today to continue troubleshooting that.
Have a proposal to complete by today or early tomorrow morning.

Life is getting exciting ...

No comments: