Friday, April 13, 2007

Computer kong kiao kiao

Yesterday morning went with my mom to settle some of her fixed deposits stuff. Mothers simply won't listen to you (just like we won't listen to them too :P).

Told her not to put FD as 3 years, but she insisted. Then yesterday complained interest was too little. Blame who? Me lor, for not advising her well.

So took the money out, split part of the money into 1 year FD, and another part into Notes instrument. It sure looks ok to me, and pretty low risk, so don't care her, I chose Notes. hahaha

Took half day to settle such things, mind you. *grumble*

So afternoon decided not to go office, instead went to client's side to help my colleague settle some issues with data loading.

I think I had found the problem. It's with some partner profile being incorrectly done, that causes the data loading to work intermittently.
Anyway, hopefully no more email to tell me about not able to load data.

Then I went to my sister's place. Her new computer which I bought for her last month died! Sigh. Dunno how my nieces use the computer leh. So fast kong kiao kiao.
I turned on the computer, it reported that HDD was disabled somehow. Went into the bios, and check check, seems ok. Not happy liow, so I used the recovery CD to try restoring it back to factory default. It hanged halfway. So rebooted it.
And then, die liow. Now it just keeps rebooting, and not even giving me a chance to bootup from CD. That's it liow lor. Cannot do anything liow.
Didn't want to open up the PC, as it still has warranty. No point voiding it.

So told my brother-in-law to call up Acer service hotline to report problem. Got problem then I will help them later lah. Cannot do much at the moment.

No comments: