Sunday, March 15, 2009

IT Show

I have not been to IT Show or any other PC Show for quite a few years.

Today, we went to the super duper crowded IT Show at Suntec City.

I wanted to buy some sort of Network Access Storage, in order to have a simpler process of backing up date to some external storage, other than PC or laptop.
NAS, so that Karinna can similarly do backup from her PC without interfering me.

Then I saw this Verudium, and I thought it is quite an interesting way of enabling sharing.

In the end, I bought this Verudium, plus a Internet Radio Donger (which comes as a bundle), and a 1TB external harddisk.

Well, the Internet Radio Donger and the external harddisk sure works well. No problem.

I've been trying to get the Verudium to work properly, but it keeps giving me problem here and there.

First, everything looks fine except I keep having problem connecting to the 1TB harddisk through the Verudium.
Then I keep getting blue screen of death.

To troubleshoot, I even change my weird Norman anti-virus program to F-Secure. At least F-Secure still allow me to synchronise my Outlook to my phone.

Right now, with anti-virus installed, somehow the BSOD has not occurred as much, but I still cannot connect to my external device through the Verudium.

I suspect it is Vista giving me such problem, but I have no more XP system to test it, and it cannot work on my other Windows2000 system.

So how?

Sent a mail to the Verudium Support to ask them. That's how!
Guess won't have a good solution in a short while. Hopefully, it is not money wasted.
Hmmmm ...

No comments: