Sunday, August 28, 2011

Flight Event

Today, we left home at 0730hrs, for the airport.
Karinna is on business trip in Hong Kong, and I had book ticket few weeks ago to tag along.
I decided at that time, to bring Zyan along as well, for him to take his first aeroplane trip out of Singapore.

At that time, Karinna sent me her itinerary, so that I can match the same itinerary as her. Her flight at that time, as not confirmed yet.
I tried, but when I booked for the ticket, I chose 0930 flight, as it was the only plane that is listed as A380.
Since paid for it, why not try A380 right?
So i booked SQ856, and told her to change her itinerary through her company's ticketing agent.

It was confirmed, as was told.

We checked in yesterday through internet (only Zyan and myself), went to the counter this morning to do the rest.
To our horror, we were told her flight was confirmed for 0830hrs flight!
And the flights for 0830 and 0930 were full, so we can't change our flight to suit each other.
No choice, she had to leave earlier than us. It was around 0800hrs at that time.
So the counter guy pushed out her boarding pass, and off she goes to the boarding gate.

Left me and Zyan, loitering around T3 for a while, before I bring our son into the boarding area.

Such uncalled for excitement is certainly not very shiok. What to do?!?!?!

During flight take off, I tried to give Zyan water to drink. This is in the hope that the air pressure will not create too much discomfort to him. So he drank.
While the taxi is still taxi-ing, my son is already like finished drinking 70% of the 180ml of water!
Hello! It's for you when the plane is moving up into the air. Not when it is on the ground my boy!

Well, it's not that bad. He didn't show much discomfort. But he cried when the plane was almost reaching its desired altitude.
I think he's wailing more because he didn't want to be tied to me, and to the seatbelt. I think he wants to move around.
Not allowed boy. So the music plays ... ...

So when the time is right, I had to free him, and be his follower. :P

Meal time is tough. I think it is hard to feed kids on plane. Out of the blue, annoucements came and say to fasten seatbelt. Hey, I was feeding halfway.
I placed Zyan on my seat, and I was squatting at the seat feeding him.
Zyan keeps trying to kick the tray, and that didn't help at all!

Anyway, I just fed him as fast as it was possible. As long as he's not hungry, good enough.
Because of the inconvenience, I didn't eat the meal too.
It's just too troublesome.

For the touch down, it was a good thing that he was asleep. He was tired, and fell asleep when I was carrying him at 1145hrs.
He slept almost until the plane touched down to the ground. But neighbouring, there's a little girl who cried, and woken Zyan up. He just looked at her, and quietly rest his head on my shoulder.
Little rascal.

As we left the plane, I had to find a place to fill in the embarkation forms.
And the immigration was crowded, took almost half an hour to get the passport stamped.

As we go to get the luggage, Karinna had already picked them up. Zyan was happy to see her. I told her to try to meet us at the baggage area, if not at the immigration area.

So it's good. Linked up, and off we went to our hotel.

We stayed at Tai Koo area, East Hotel.
It's pretty nice actually.
The design is suitable only for single person to stay in the room, if not the other occupant must be very close to you.
Why?
Because the toilet and shower rooms have no lock, and it's TRANSPARENT GLASS.
So exciting!

Anyway, we were all tired. Karinna worked till very late yesterday. I was tired by my son. And Zyan was tired because of himself. :P

So we went for dinner, and came back to hotel to rest.
I just made an additional trip to supermarket to get some drinks, tidbits etc.

Here's a picture of Zyan playing at City Plaza, which is just besides our hotel.

Here's Zyan catching 'butterflies' at the lift of our hotel.

No comments: