Monday, August 8, 2011

Goodbye Mama

It was a hectic weekend.

We were out on both afternoon to buy things.
Sunday afternoon was cut short, as I received call from my helper to go back home.

When we reached home, my mother-in-law was lying in bed.
Not able to move much.

Called for ambulance, and they reached within 12 minutes. Sent to nearest hospital CGH.
Initial prognosis was stroke.
Checking CT Scan later, it wasn't good news.

Some blood vessel had ruptured, and blood is flowing to the brain, and in particular, brain stem.
Doctor said it's critical, and to have an operation would not do any good at all, with next 48 hrs being the crucial moment.

I think while we were there, and when her son and daughter were by her bedside, I think she could hear us.
Her motor limbs were not very responsive then. Eye movement wasn't there as well. But she can hear. And she teared.

She was then put to the High Dependency Unit. We were of course hopeful that she can manage to survive the ordeal.

She didn't make it.
She left us in the evening around 11pm.

Thereafter, it was just making necessary arrangement for the next few days.

Mother, thank you for taking care of my household, my family, and Zyan. Thank you for all that you have done for us.
May you rest in peace.

Picture taken with her son/daughter during her birthday dinner this year:

No comments: