Saturday, October 18, 2014

An Incident

Zyan's swimming lesson today was abruptly interruped by lightning.
Then the red siren was rung at Katong Swimming Complex, and everyone has to get out of the pool.

When the siren is activated, it has to wait about 30 minutes and look at the weather condition before the authority opens up the pool for public use again.

We had initiailly wanted to wait. But as you get out of the pool, wet all over, and with the cool weather at that time, it gets a little cold for general, let alone in swimwear.
Then we decided, it is better to take a quick shower and leave. :)

So I brought Zyan to the Gents and get washed up.
After washing Zyan, and getting him clothed up, a very macho guy was standing nearby, keep glaring at where we were occupying, and then slowly he moved to a section besides us. Not sure what he was glaring about, perhaps the wet clothes on the bench.
Then I told Zyan to wait, while I do my quick wash-up.

When I came out, and packing my stuff, that same muscularly-built guy started shouting at someone.
Then I saw he was shouting and scolding at a kid.
At first I thought the kid is with him, so I just ignored it.
He was scold vulgar at the kid with the 4-letter word, and it was very loud.
Something with this "... ... .. you are f***ing ....wet".
His things got wet, perhaps.

Then all of a sudden, the father of the kid realised that man was verbally abusing his little boy.
Of course he went to his son's rescue, and a shouting commotion went on in the toilet.
It was so loud between them, the lifeguards outside also came in after a while.

To me, this psychopathic guy is definitely in the wrong.
What good reason can it be for shouting and scolding so bloody loud at a little kid, especially if it is not your kid.
HELLO!?!?!?!?!?! This is a public pool. What do you expect? Clean and dry?
If so kilat, go buy yourself a pool and swim all you like with no people having any chance to wet your stuff.
Learn to live in harmony with people around you. Goodness!

I must admit, I do shout at my kid, but I don't scold vulgar at him right? LOL.

So that psycho guy did not want to apologise to the little boy, and the boy's father wanted to pursue this further with police.
And the police was then called.

I asked Zyan to go out and look for his mommy, then I went to the boy's father, and volunteered to be a witness if he needs one.
I tried to reason with the psycho also, and he even scolded me.
He flared up and took a book from his bag, and threw down, and claimed we are ignorant Singaporeans.
I recognised that book somehow, but didn't see the title, and forgot what title it might be called.

I can feel that he is very anti-government guy. To be fair, I am not pro-government, but neither am I very anti towards government.
The look on his face is like he has been bullied by us instead! Goodness gracious!
His eyes were even turning a little bloodshot with his angerness within him.
I think if he were to flare up and start a fight, we will be seriously injured.

I took the frightened little boy out of the toilet, to keep him out of sight with such ordeal.
Kept him company for a while until his father came out.

So I passed my contact info to the father, and loitered around for a while before taking Karinna and Zyan back home.
I guess I will text him to see what outcome was it.

No comments: