Sunday, October 12, 2014

Drinking Water

One of the first things I learnt from the nutrition course is about water.

Something so basic, yet there is such vast variations and knowledge into it.

Again, I am not an expert. My nutrition lesson tells me to drink RO (Reverse Osmosis) water. There are other types of water around, Kangen, Alkaline, Distilled, Pure, blahblahblah.

There are even tests to show you how dirty our drinking water is (mainly referring to tap water).

In fact, I do have a water filter system at home. Just have not been servicing it well for the past many years.
I did a water test on my water filter system recently. The reading using TDS Meter is the same as my tap water! How terrible! I have bought the RO Water system. Buying distilled water for now.

There are further test done to ‘see’ the dirtiness of the water. Electrolysis. There are many youtube videos around, here’s one:

There video above does not show about RO Water.

There is also another school of thoughts regarding RO water. The claim is RO Water is acidic, and the water would absorb the minerals from our bodies actually.

There’s also report from WHO about some of the adverse effects of drinking demineralized water. This is the full report about water nutrients: http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/dwq/nutrientsindw/en/
The part of demineralized water is here: http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/dwq/nutrientschap12.pdf
Interesting read for some parts, most parts are too chim already. :P

Whatever it is, water appears to be a big area by itself. Oh god!

So for me, I will continue to buy distilled water to make my honeygar. I will still continue to drink my ‘dirty’ tap water. I will do both until I decide at later stage when I find out more about the part for RO water being acidic. Not sure if I will ever find out yet.

Need to read more about water. :)

No comments: