Sunday, October 28, 2007

Eventful Day

Morning received a SMS from my NUS friend Yee Loon. He said he setup a car boot sale stall at Downtown East selling 2nd CDs, and asked me to go down if I am free.

So went down with Karinna around 11am. The place was a little crowded, quite hot too, as it's under the sun. Managed to find that bugger, and chitchat for a while before we leave for our next destination.
Anyway, selling old CDs away is pretty good idea to clear things from home. Things tend to get too cluttered at home, if no effort is done to do housekeeping. That's why I don't buy that many CDs nowadays. Listen from the radio is already good enough, else there's always internet.

Next, we moved on to Jalan Kayu to take a quick lunch. Ate chicken murtabak and beehoon goreng, plus drinks. Total damage: $11.80. Not cheap eh?

Then, we went to Cisco office. Karinna's laptop got problem, somehow cannot login from home. I know it's something related to some corrupt file in her laptop, but it's better to leave it to Cisco's IT support to resolve it rather than the home IT expert, which is me lah. hehehe
Anyway, so we went to her office, and she called up the IT support to help troubleshooting the problem.
About an hour plus later, still cannot fully resolve the issue. The IT support managed to provide a workaround though. That is, DO NOT shutdown the laptop when go home, just leave it as standby or hibernation mode, so that the computer can still allow her to logon onto the PC back at home.
Just as I expected. Maybe tomorrow they will tell her they need to format her harddisk, and re-build her laptop from backup. :P

After that, we went to her colleague's son 4th year old birthday party at Dempsey Road. The place is called 'Go Go Bambini'. This is the first time I go to Dempsey, and I don't think I can understand why people want to go there. So troublesome to go there you know?
This 'Go Go Bambini' place is basically a place for kids to play around with. To be more specific, it is just like an indoor playground. They have some rooms to allow birthday celebrations to be done. Kids' money are easy to earn, not just woman's money.

Took just a few pictures there. I think I didn't take any picture of the birthday boy though.
The baby Karinna was carrying in the picture belongs to another colleague of hers.




The boy quite cute lah. He kept looking at me so often that I felt a bit shy also. hehehe.
Actually, the pictures were taken off my phone, and it seems like it's pretty well taken. Maybe the lightings in that room makes the photo looks ok.

We left around 5pm+, and on the way back, stopover at Giant Hypermart at Tampines. Bought things again lah. Nowadays, things are used up pretty fast at home. Used to buy 1kg of rice, which will last us about a year. Now my mother-in-law and my maid are staying here since 3 weeks plus ago, I think we have already bought close to 15 or 20 kg of rice. Other daily home groceries are not counted in yet too ...

Sigh.
Na si wa wu jit ba banh ... ... jit ba banh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

No comments: