Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sunday

Today was a busy day.

8am. A call came. The system we are monitoring seems to give problem to my colleague. So have to wake up, and check it out. As per my colleague, the system indeed behave oddly. Upon checking, it is due to some additional huge load of data the client is running, which causes the system loading to behave that way.
So I taught my colleauge how to perform some 'cheat mode' to get the loadings done. But that's quite a painful way, and rather tedious.
Shall not go into detail, but if any one interested, feel free to email me and I shall elaborate. hehehe
Siow!

Meanwhile, I helped in checking the system, then it's almost lunch time. After lunch, freed myself from work, and went to visit my father. Also, to help my nephew restore his darn slow PC. Managed to restore his PC, but somehow something was amiss. System was still darn slow, and seems like it still has the previous data in the system despite doing restore!

No time to deal with it further. Have to become a chauffeur to drive my father, sister, nephew and my wife to visit my new born nephew Matthew.
So off we go. Zoooooooooooooooooooom.

Reached there, baby can only come out at around 4pm.
Zoooooooooom. Go drink kopi downstairs.
Zoooooooooom. Baby come out liow, go up see see.
Zoooooooooom. Go home around 5.

Then went back home pick up my old Altec Lansing sound system (with booster) to give to my nephew Benjamin.
Zoooooooooom. Back at his home to re-fix the darn slow computer.
This time, I angry (like the Hulk like that hor!) and restore the system again, but using advance option this time. Damn stupid restoration only allow formatting with advance option.
Who in the stupid world need to do a system restore without formatting the harddisk?

Anyway, this time, the restore looks much better. System gets cleared, was performing quite alright in the beginning.

Then started loading Avira antivirus, started making the system able to download updates from Microsoft site etc.
Reboot.
Slow.
*ptui*

My guess is that due to option to make system download updates, the system was exactly doing that, and since it's a restore from a pretty old system, there must be quite a lot of updates to be done.

So left the system there, still slow performance when I left. Almost 8pm liow ok.

Zoooooooom. Back home.
After makan, made some quick check on the monitoring work just to see things are back in order. Pretty ok except for a small issue.

Well. So much for a Sunday.
Thought I should be relaxing ...

And darn! Tomorrow is Monday.
I love Mondays ... ... ...

No comments: