Tuesday, January 22, 2008

First Anniversary

Last year this day, Bloggy Tays was born. It's been a year already! Oh goodness!

Now back in Sungei Petani. The BASIS work here was not undertaken by anyone since I left last September. In between, they had some problem, and I helped remotely from Singapore.

This time came down to check on backup issues. I think the backup strategy looks a bit weird. Still trying to digest to see if it is good at all. Anyway, that strategy wasn't mine, and it's always easier to criticise other people's work than your own.
Alas, what has to be done, it has to be done, and it will be done.

This time I stay at this Emerald Puteri Hotel, which is about the same as Park Avenue Hotel that I stayed the previous times.
This hotel is smaller, the room is also smaller. Otherwise, I would say that it is as good as the other one. This hotel is nearer to 'facilities'. By facilities, I mean coffeeshops and Giant Supermarket. Nothing much is around here for leisure walking.
And this hotel has internet, albeit a not-so-cheap one. Costs RM5.00 for an hour of internet. Better than nothing, and I should not need more than 2 hours. 1 hour should be sufficient for the night.

Still have to get some work done. Don't have luxury of time here. I couldn't care less lah, anyway, this is on Time&Material, the longer I take, the more advantageous it is for me. hehehe

Nah, I won't take advantage lah. I do foresee will still need to do some remote support for about a month or so.

Well, see how.

No comments: