Wednesday, February 20, 2008

LUP

My HDB block is currently undergoing Lift Upgrading Programme.

I wasn't exactly very happy to have it.
Reason being it will NOT be lift landing level. There's no way to make it lift landing level to my door. It's a little hard to describe here, but my block's design is such that the doors are at half-level from the main corridor.
So die die will also have half-level of stairs to the new lift in future.

It's not that I can't climb or what. It's just so stupid, that the decision is to continue the mistake (of not having lift-landing level), although there is some effort in minimising the impact of the old mistake.
And worst of all, it doesn't come cheap. It's more expensive than some other blocks, which do enjoy lift-level landing, all simply because our block is mainly 5-room flat dwellers.
I cannot deny that, most people who would say YES to the LUP, would be the families with old folks at home. Less steps mean less stress on the old people.
If there's any other reason, that family must be crazy. :P

I once even thought of a way to make it lift-level landing to our door-step! But that would a much massive work, which would take years and years probably.
Anyway, it's just my 天马行空 imagination.

So now the lift upgrading has been going on for close to 6 months, and some of the main structures are already up. For my particular unit, it's still playing 'Lego' to build the lift.
Here's it:

No comments: