Saturday, April 26, 2008

Shopping Day

Today is my mother-in-law's birthday.

We brought her to a restaurant at Ah Moy Street there for lunch. The place is called Beng Hiang, and it's my first time there. Only Karinna went there before during her company's CNY lunch or something like that.

This time didn't take any picture of the food, but I was asked to order for the fish maw soup (which is pretty good), the 'kong ba bau' (which is very very good by Karinna's opinion), and the 'orr ni' which is ... hmm ... ok.
Of course I ordered some other food as well, can't be so cheapo just order those dishes. My brother-in-law and his wife were also there, so needed food for 5 people.

Anyway, after the lunch, Karinna had some lessons, and I intended to go Sim Lim Square for a walk. My mother-in-law was sent home by her son then.

Carrying my full tummy, I took a bus to Sim Lim. Left the car with Karinna for her.
I've been visiting computer shops quite regularly lately, sourcing some laptops for some of my colleagues and eventually myself. But today, I went Sim Lim purely for a walk, not for laptop shopping.

I reached Fu Lu Shou building first, walk a short while, took a palm reading for $2. Just for fun. Then walk around the place to see what people are selling along the streets. There, I bought a iron cover (for the iron, not the iron board). The demo caught my attention, and we had wanted to buy 1 for a long time. Demo looks good, and won't hurt the clothings at all, so $10 gone from me. :P

Then at OG building, they were demonstrating some broom (which works similar to the rubbish bin lorry on the road), and it made me parted with $24.90 again. Good for sweeping furs and dirt along the edge of walls. I think it's ok for the price so I bought it.

Then walk towards Sim Lim, and comb from the top level downwards.

Actually, have nothing in mind to look for, in the end, spent another $160 to buy a complete edition of "Heroes of Might & Magic". I had all along been looking for some compilation which can give me a full set of these games, and finally, I got my hand on it.
I am happy! Here's the front of the gamebox set:

And the back:

Cool?!?!?!?!? :)

Hopefully, something similar for "Heroes Chronicles" can appear as well.
I'm in no hurry, these ain't new games, most of the games were like 10 years old already.

After that, I proceeded to walk walk around Bugis Junction, and then went over to Raffles Place to meet up with my lovely wife.
Some pictures of kids playing the fountain at Bugis:



We went LCD TV shopping. Wanted to buy one to replace our current 29" CRT TV, which is sinking our TV dashboard due to its weight. hehehe

Don't know which 1 to buy, Samsung? Sony? Palladine? Akira? 32"? 37"? 40"?
Sigh, so headache leh.

If cannot decide, I'll just go for the cheapest!
Ha ha ha ha!

I think tomorrow should make a final decision on the TV.

No comments: