Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Group Insurance

Sigh. This Group Insurance thing is driving me crazy. Been working at it for the past few months, and still not able to finalize fully.

First, I have certain budget constraint.
Second, have to know what is required under legislation law. At least I know there is this thing called Work Injury Compensation, which although not compulsory to buy insurance, it is mandatory for company to provide for staff.
So if company never buy for the staff, then if anything happen, employee can get compensation directly from company under Singapore Manpower law.

And different companies have different packages etc, different coverage scheme, different Room and Board plans, a bit difficult to compare properly among them.

With some handicapped or people with medical conditions in my company, it makes it even more time consuming to have it done. Generally, they cannot be covered. Stupid insurance thing.

Anyway, don't really want to delay it much longer. I am giving myself at most until end of this month to have this settled.

Now it's more or less streamed down to 2 companies.
Whichever gives me a better deal wins.

Overall, I lose. :D

No comments: