Thursday, November 13, 2008

Linux

I had been trying to test install SAP system on my home PC for some time. Actually, I had stopped for a long time because I kept hitting on problem previously.
I had not re-tried for about 1-2 months already, and I just get myself to do so again. Ultimately, I want to put other components into the system when done.

Usually, such installation is easy feat to me, just that this particular instance is on Linux, and I used CentOS, which is technically not a supported platform for SAP system.
But then, there are some documents available to roughly say how to go about doing it.

Well, the document is based on an older CentOS4, and I am using CentOS5.

Typical problem about having to use the Java version from IBM. This part was ok. Couldn't start installing the system due to this "libXp.so.6" missing.
Took me a while to find out how to get it done.
yum install libXp.x86_64
That's the command to install it since I am using a 64-bit version of Linux.

So once with that done, it seems to be a bit more smooth-sailing.

At this point of time, it is still installing, and probably will finish only by tomorrow or maybe even Saturday.

I was crazy, I installed ABAP/JAVA/BI_JAVA/EP/NWDI/Mobile/PI.
Ha ha ha.

Will see what happen, at most re-do all over again.

No comments: