Monday, November 17, 2008

Maintenance Certificate

My installation of the SAP system did not go well in the first try. Error occurred somewhere related to XI portion of the installation.

Since I don't really bother with the XI part for now, I decided to uninstall, and re-install only with the component that I wanted.

All went well, and the system was up and running on Saturday actually. Did some post steps tasks, and it dragged till today.
Everything was ok.

As I tried to patch the system futher, I encountered new problem. After checking it out, SAP is introducing another thing to (in a way) prevent abuse of rampant SAP installations.
That means, more pain in my ass. :P

Technically, it is introducting this thing called Maintenance Certificate, which will last for a period of 3 months each time, to validate that the server installed has valid licensing with SAP.

By Jan 2009, it becomes a compulsory thing. Terok!

Guess I have to read up more stuff, in order to prepare my systems for it.
hehehe. Pain!


No comments: