Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Bangkok II

The hotel accommodation comes with breakfast, so took the breakfast in the morning, then wait for the transport to bring us to customer site, which is about an hour drive from hotel.

Once reached there, it was working with the users to gather information for the things that they wanted to do.

They largely wanted to add a new plant for their production, and would like to be sure that the inclusion will not create any problem for their system, and that their BW system will still be able to report data correctly.

Of course, the production planning part is not my issue, as I know nuts about it. I can only add my 2 cents worth for the BW area.

Rightfully, there won't be much for my part, if the configuration in their R/3 system remains the same with the inclusion of new plant.
Logically, it should not have major impact as well.

Anyway, it's just checking and checking, with the users and the system, and then gave them a rundown of the findings, and the next course of actions and estimation of efforts required.
By then, it was already like 6pm, and it is time to go home ...

On the way back, we stopped by at some warehouse place, where they sell lots of fruits, and dried foods etc.

I didn't want to buy too many things, not my style. :P
In the end, I only bought some cuttlefish.

Here's the pictures taken at that place.


When we reached back hotel, dropped our laptop in the room, and we went for our late dinner.
This time, we ate at the roadside stalls. How interesting!
Ate won ton mee, very small portion, but I not so hungry, so ok for me.

Then I went to walk around the place for a while. Yesterday didn't walk much as I wasn't feeling well with my running nose.

In the end, not much of place to walk around too, as the shops were starting to close by then, and the shopping mall at this location is smaller than the one I went yesterday.

One of the streets I walked into, I think it's like a red light district. No red lights are found literally here though.
On both sides of the road, there were lots of 'pimps' standing there, trying to get people to visit their girls. I think their target is the Japanese, as the street is full of Japanese food place, and the names of the shops are largely Japanese-oriented as well.
In the picture, you can see a bunch of people wearing green, I think they were from one of the clubs there.

So it's the last night here, and will be back to Singapore tomorrow.

From our findings today, it is likely that there will be a need to come back here.
By then, may not be me though ... ... :)

No comments: