Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mobile Data

Recently, I saw a new line of information in my mobile bill.
It says "Mobile Data (After Free Bundled Discounts)".


Then I thought, I've never subscribed to any mobile data kind of services, and I have never used any GPRS or 3G data services from the telco, how come there's charges for this mobile data?!?!

So I called the service hotline, and asked them about it.

True enough, many donkey years ago, I was subscribed to a free service that supposedly allow you to use MMS, and comes with service to use GPRS blahblahblah.

What to do, now my mobile phone has some shortcut or icon that with some accidental touch, it triggers access to internet.

WHATEVER FOR?!?!?!
So small see until my eyes a bit cock-eye.

Then I told the customer service girl to cancel all services related to getting data from internet.
It's a dangerous thing to have if you do not have proper service plan to use it. The charges can be very exhorbitant.

Better be safe than sorry.

No comments: