Sunday, April 5, 2009

扫墓

If you feel morbid about life and death, please close your browser tab. :P

Today woke up early at 6.30am, then went to pick my father. After that, drove all the way to Woodlands to pick up my uncle and cousin.
Well, it's 清明 period right now. Actual day for it this year is 4th April, and the period for traditional cleaning up of tombs will last for 20 days (10 days before, and 10 days after). So the last day this year is roughly around 15 April.

After picking up my passengers, drove through the scenic Kranji Road, the rural area of Singapore.
Driving past the farms, went through the now defunct Neo Tiew Estate, and slipped into Lim Chu Kang Road, and voila, our destination, Choa Chu Kang Cemetry.

Today's crowded is not so bad. At least this time, we finished much faster than previous years.
Maybe one of the reasons is that some of the burials there have been exhumed, thus reducing a certain number of the crowds.

My paternal grandfather's tomb is right at the end of it. It's at Blk 5A, unit number 554.

My father, uncle and cousin checking out the tomb area.

My uncle playing fire, and my cousin playing his camera. :D

This below picture was taken at the end of our session there.


I also used a stick to shift the ash fire area a little here and there. On and off, there's a small explosion from within the burning, not sure due to what also.
And there was once the explosion was a little louder, and the fire ashes flew out, and hit onto my legs!
*OUCH!*
@!#%#$&^*^%@#%^$^%*(^&)(^%$$#E%&^(*)&^%$#^%*&^
Of course, I am still alive.

My grandfather's tomb area is also scheduled to go through exhumation from June next year. So maybe next year would be the last time to visit CCK Cemetry for the Qing Ming period.

As for my paternal grandmother, they had went to pray pray few days ago. And for my maternal grandparents, think this year could be skipped. :P

Next year. Again?

No comments: