Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bangkok

I am in Bangkok right now. Here for some problem resolution for a client with one of our partners.

Staying at this place called Swiss Lodge, which is within the centre of Bangkok City.

We reached here around 5+pm, checked in and took some pictures of the room.


Well, the room is pretty nice, seems cosy enough, and has free wireless internet for use. Brilliant!

Then I called up my friend Wey Chuan, who has been posted to work in Bangkok few months back.
It's been more than 10 years since I last met him, and it is the wonders of internet, and more specifically, facebook, that I linked up with him again.

I took the train (called BTS here) from Sala Daeng to Chidlom. Took me a while to orientate myself with the train system.

We went for dinner, and it's on him. Free dinner! I like. hehehe.
The place is like Marche, take a ticket, then scan the ticket after ordering your food, and enjoy your dinner.
Rightfully cannot take picture there, but I snapped my dessert photo. :D
Brownie with Rum & Raisin ice cream.

Actually, during the check-in at hotel, my nose started to play a bit. It ran for a bit. During dinner, seems like the nose keeps salivating. Not severe, but enough to irritate me.
So we had a pretty short time catching up, and decided to go back.
Anyway, he had some big bulky purchase done, so it won't be convenient to move around as well.

But it's good to meet up with old friends, and what's more, in a foreign land!

At the train station, we got someone to take a picture for us. Somehow, the lady doesn't understand when we tried to tell her to take 'half-body' picture.
So here's the result:

When I reached back Sala Daeng, I took a picture of the night lights around there. Just for the fun of it.

Of course, with my little intelligence, I am able to find my way back to my hotel pretty fast.
Went to 7-Eleven to buy some drinks and tidbits, and some food for tomorrow lunch, just in case ... ...

No comments: