Friday, June 1, 2007

So long ...

Yesterday finally sent my grandma off the last time.

As with traditional chinese customary, some ritual was conducted just before moving the coffin out. There wasn't a lot of other friends/relatives there. Maybe it's because most of her friends would have been gone already as well?
She's already 92 after all.

The coffin was sent to Mandai for cremation. Nowadays not so bad, at least when you see the coffin being pushed out of your sight, you don't see it being burnt yet. Unlike in the old days at Mount Vernon, as soon as the coffin was pushed, you can see the fire gushing out ferociously, burning the relative in the coffin. Ouch ouch!

After all had been settled, we all went to this HengHua restaurant for lunch. Rather, lunch cum dinner cum supper. One of my uncles ordered so much food, and probably everyone ate until so full that you can almost vomit.
Come to think of it, I have not eaten HengHua food for a long time. Same goes with my direct family of course.
Pretty good, the food is actually pretty good.

Here's some snapped pictures off my mobile at the restaurant.





4 comments:

BRENDA said...

hellos
me brenda larh
i thought you bluff me that you have a blog...
then Eugene ask me go and see.
then really have sia
haha
quite surprise larh
hahas
bb

SK-2 said...

eh... i have to call you 'auntie' hor
wah seh :D

i no bluff 1
i am very honest guy
*giggle*

BRENDA said...

please lar
this name 'auntienaggy' is Eugene help me think de lor..
i wont think this kind of name de lor..
not so lame like you..
hahas
joking nia
bb

SK-2 said...

Yes Auntie!
*wink*