Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Chalet Aftermath

Story-telling time. Get ready for bed! Actually, I am quite tired. :P

On Sunday, which was the day for the BBQ at chalet, I got Pauline and Eugene to come over my place for lunch, then made our way to Changi around 2pm. Tried to check-in earlier than 3pm, no problem.

Checked-in, and tried to check for items that could be missing. In the end, added some mahjong paper, tissue paper etc which I had to pass to my siblings to bring along.

Slowly, one by one started appearing. But then, my brother who is supposed to bring the drinks along, came, erh, not-so-early. @!#@$^%%$^&%$#@!$6
So in the end I had to drink tap water and tap water and tap water.

The ordered bbq package food came around 5pm, which is ok. It came earlier than the drinks actually. :P
The food came and left quite fast, in the end, there were some missing items, and Karinna made the caterer bring those stuff back. She's my cool woman! ;)

Then Frankie started the fire. One of the neighbour started fire early, so we follow suit. hehehe. Whatever lah, start early then eat early lor.

I had to walk about 3 busstops to get aluminium foil, because we all blind 1, never see it as a needed item, until we talk about the prawns at that time.

Anyway, we started barberqueing. Everyone came, my parents, all my siblings and their spouses and their kids blahblahblah. Karinna's mother/brother/sis-in-law of course not left out as well. Some of my nieces' friends also came. We also called our gang of friends (NinJa&Christina, Mike&Cheryl, Tutti, SKM&Phyllis&daughter) to come along.

Of course, the hard work of bbq-ing, I leave it to the younger people. Let them enjoy cooking. More importantly, let them cook for us! :P

Well, the food, though not a lot a lot, lasted until about 8+/9pm? I didn't eat a lot though. Didn't ate a single chicken wing and otah. I usually don't eat chicken wing at bbq also, so doesn't bother me much. I just ate whatever food that was served to my group of friends. We have a little bit more privilege somehow. hehehe.

Some mahjong session was on-going, and it went on until about 2am. Meanwhile, some people started to leave slowly, and in the end, counting adults, only me and Karinna, plus my dad and my sister Kelly, and my mother-in-law. The rest were all gone. Only the teenagers and younger kids.
The 3 adults were play mahjong with one of my niece's friend.

They sort of finished playing mahjong around 2am, then I had to bring my mother-in-law back to my home, as she is not used to staying at the chalet place, and she didn't intend to in the first place. I had to work as a chauffeur.

The young ones continued playing cards or whatever. I had to take my beauty sleep.
I woke up around 7+, then brought Karinna and my nephew Melvin to take breakfast at Changi Village. Brought a bit of food back for whoever woke up earlier. Woke up late means no food!

Most of them only woke up around 10+, took some left over breads with sausages, and milo. Think maybe after that, they went back to sleep? I don't know, it is left to their own devices for them to decide what they want to do.

Anyway, I went to bring my mother-in-law back to the chalet. She wanted to play MORE mahjong. So I bought some fried rice on the way back for the others.

Another mahjong session started after that, and soon enough, it is dinner time!

Then Karinna took over me to play mahjong, I went to get some dinner food for the people. Pauline, Brenda, and one of their friends came along. Blur blur look 1, I also cannot remember her name. But she's the one who played mahjong. Not so blur after all.

We decided to buy 3 crabs, 3 packets of hokkien mee, 2 packets of orr-luat, 2 packets of hor-fun and 1 packaet of mee goreng. I also don't know enough or not, but as what I said all along, if not enough, TOO BAD! :P
Of course, with that, I was $100+++++ poorer. Poor me.

Anyway, after the food, they didn't continue with the mahjong, because Karinna needs to go home to do some work. She had some event this morning, so cannot stay at the chalet yesterday night. I drove Karinna and my mother-in-law back. My father also went back for a bath. Since I have to go home, I went home shower too!

When I went back to Changi, went to pick my dad, and also one of Pauline's friends.
Funny, gave me her friend's number without tell me the name, just say that 'husky'.
So I called and asked: "Eh, you are Husky ah?!?!?!" :P
Funny right? CARTOON. In the end must clarify I am the cute cute uncle, so as to make sure I am not a prankster.
After picking them up, it's back to the chalet.

I was left with my dad, and the rest of the kitchi-rats.

After that played a bit of mahjong with them (for fun), and then I gave up my seat to someone else. Then don't know how, it slowly became monopoly. They were all playing in the room which I slept in lah.

So they continued play, and I had to take my beauty sleep. No worries, I am trained to sleep ANYWHERE. Whatever condition is not a problem.

I woke up around 7+, took some fresh air, then coffee. Getting myself ready to check-out by 1010hrs. I got the young ones up around 8+, so that they can wash-up, pang-sai and pang-pui if they wanted to. Of course, the milo is still there for them.

So by 0930hrs, all things were cleared, and there's no point sitting around, and I went to return the chalet key to mark the end of the chalet holiday.

Well, not sure if they enjoyed themselves for the 2 days. Damn if they do, and damn if they don't. :)
I only know for sure I am pretty broke after the 2 days ... ...
Boohoohoo ... :D

Well, for a little pleasure, here's 2 pictures taken of Cedric kooning on my bed. Solid, I shouted loud loud, he seemed to just continue his sleep ... hehehe

No comments: