Sunday, May 31, 2009

China Phone

The other day, met up with some partners. While chatting, saw him using a phone that is pretty different from what is commonly seen.

He's from Australia, and travel around Asia quite often. He bought a phone from Sim Lim Square, which is like HTC Touch Diamond.
I know Sim Lim Square has been selling these phone for quite some time, but never bothered to look at them whenever I pass by also.

Of course, what he bought was sort of a replica of the original, but as long as it serves his needs well, and at a fraction of the cost, he's happy with it.
Further, it can have dual sim card, which suits him well when he's out of his own country.

So yesterday, we went to Sim Lim Square also, to kaypoh kaypoh look at those phones.
Very interesting. The phones are obviously cheaper, else how to win market share right?
And best of all, it has almost all the features of those real ones, and even more at times.
Only thing is, most of them do not have WIFI and 3G, but these are not that important I guess.
What is lacking, to my interest, is that it appears to be unable to do synchronisation with Outlook, as they provide no software to do that. If this is possible, I would have bought 1 to try out already.

So when back at home, I did some searching, and it is indeed hard to get any PC Suite for these China Phones.
AT last I did found a few, just never sure if it is going to work with those phones at all.

Oh well, still thinking if I should get one of those to play play ... ...

No comments: