Monday, May 11, 2009

Hospital Wait

This morning brought my mother to CGH again to do another round of endoscopy.

She gave me a little problem. She ate some biscuits around 6+am, when she was supposed to refrain from food until the procedure was completed.

Due to the swine flu thingy, it's now a hassle to get into the hospital.
First, the lift goes from carpark to level 1 only. Then you need to get out of the building, and make a turn at the other entrance near the 7-Eleven.
Then you need to queue to get in, and get scanned for temperature, and need to register with the staff there that you are there.
Then when you go the the lift area to go up, the staff will ask about your destination and reason and such and such.

We're also given mask to go into the building.
See Dr. Tay:

I'm not complaining that it is not necessary, just a lot more hassle due to swine swine. Si beh suay suay.

So I told the staff there about my mom's greediness for food in the morning.
After checking with the doctor, it's a go-ahead to continue.

This time, didn't wait too long for the blood test to come back, and the endoscopy was actually done before 1pm.
HURRAY!

Still, she needs to be admitted for observation.
Meanwhile, I went to take my lunch.

Wanted to take junk food, but hospital generally should not have much junk food around.
Then I felt like getting fruit juice, coz it's cheap there.
Then I saw they have this "Yakult Fruit Juice".
Hmmmmm. Sounds, peculiar. :P ... TRY.

Then I ordered 1, with Honey Dew.

$2 for it, well, quite ok lah.
Not so bad actually.

Went back up to the endoscopy ward to wait for them to move my mom to the ward.
Wait wait wait.
Wait until 5pm!

Alamak! Super terok!
And that makes me tired!

No comments: