Saturday, September 1, 2007

Teachers' Day

01 Sept. Teachers' Day.

Obviously, I haven't celebrated Teachers' Day for years. Neither am I a student, nor am I the engineer of human's souls (literal translation from 人类灵魂的工程师). hehe

So let me re-collect a little. Who are the teachers that left impressions on me?
hmmmm.... brain cells are dying ....

My first primary school, Bendemeer Primary. There's a Miss Lee, the only one I can remember. When I switched school at Primary 3, I still wrote letters to her, and she replied back too! Other than that, I cannot remember much you know.

My second primary school, Bedok South Primary. I remember a Mrs Leong, I think she is my English teacher in Pri4? She's also the teacher in-charge of gardening club. Yes. I joined gardening club. Go on, laugh. hahaha.
I also find it funny, a group of boys joining gardening club. I think most of the classmates can remember her. Why? I dunno.
I know there's a Mrs Pillay during my Pri6. Actually, come to think of it, my Pri school results, although not Top10 or what, but my grades were all pretty ok. I remembered she once told me she very disappointed in my result, so I made myself study a bit harder to get better grades.
Probably because I was always very talkative and kachiowing people in class, and she thought I could have done better if I concentrate more on studies.
Whatever lah.

My secondary school, Temasek Secondary. Mr Eddie Tan will probably be a name that almost all students during my time will like. A very humourous teacher, Science teacher. He made Science so interesting to me, that at Secondary 1, I was so interested in chemistry that I literally go and find more information on elements and molecules stuff.

My junior colleage, Temasek JC. Hmmm. I had a very hard time in the initial 6 months in JC. During my Sec3/4, I didn't had Physics background, and I took Physics in 'A' Level! First few tests were almost like getting "ZERO" mark!
Thanks to my hard work, and my Physics teacher, eventually I even came out top in my class for the Physics common test! But my classmates terok lah, kena scolded by my Physics teacher because of me. hahahaha

For my university, let's just forget it! :P

For all the teachers out there, my sincerest gratitude towards your contribution in nurturing the young.
Happy Teachers' Day

No comments: